General Pre Requisites For Employment In Texas
Signup for classes and start your path to an exciting new career.
Individuals graduating from STC Academy and seeking employment in the state of Texas for the course chosen must meet the following criteria:
- Meet general eligibility for Licensing:83.20. License Requirements-Individuals https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/cosmet/cosmetrules.htm#8320
- Pass State Exams:83.21. License Requirements–Examinations https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/cosmet/cosmetrules.htm#8321
- Hold an active license: Section 1602.251. License or Certificate Required https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#1602251
- Meet Eligibility for specific course chosen: Eligibility for Licensing:
Nail Technician: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#1602256
Student Instructor: https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#1602255
- Must seek employment in a licensed facility: Section 1602.301. Facility License Required https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#1602301
- Must comply with Employer Verification Form I-9: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees using Form I 9. https://www.uscis.gov/i-9
Factors that might prevent graduates from obtaining employment may be:
- Failure to pass State Exam(s).
- Failure to apply for a license with Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation & pay the required fee.
- Failure to hold an active license with Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Failure to seek employment at a licensed facility by Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Failure to provide employer with Employee Verification documents as required in Form I-9.
Get Financial Aid
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
Please have an STC Academy Career Counselor contact me