Individuals graduating from STC Academy and seeking employment in the state of Texas for the course chosen, must meet the following criteria:
- Meet general eligibility for Licensing:83.20. License Requirements-Individuals http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetrules.htm#8320
- Pass State Exams:83.21. License Requirements–Examinations http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetrules.htm#8321
- Hold an active license: Section 1602.251. License or Certificate Required http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#251
- Meet Eligibility for specific course chosen: Eligibility for Licensing: http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#254http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#255
- Must seek employment in a licensed facility: Section 1602.301. Facility License Required http://www.license.state.tx.us/cosmet/cosmetlaw.htm#301
- Must comply with Employer Verification Form I-9: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) legally mandates that U.S. employers verify the employment eligibility status of newly-hired employees using Form I-9. http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf
Factors that might prevent graduates from obtaining employment may be:
- Failure to pass State Exam(s).
- Failure to apply for a license with Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation & pay the required fee.
- Failure to hold an active license with Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Failure to seek employment at a licensed facility by Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Failure to provide employer with Employee Verification documents as required in Form I-9.